How to become a volunteer foster
Submit an Application
Attend an Interview
HSDR staff will contact you directly to conduct an interview. During the interview we will discuss your application.
Foster Orientation and Training Session
During this session you will learn about HSDR and the role of foster parents. You will be provided with informational manuals and hands-on training on how to care for some of the more vulnerable animals at HSDR.
Foster Volunteer Requirements:
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must ensure their pets are spay/neutered and fully vaccinated.
• Must have a separate room to isolate a foster animal.
• Must have time to care for foster animals.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
• Have permission to foster if you are renting their home.
• Everyone in the household has to be in agreement to foster.
• Able to commit to at least 6 months’ worth of fostering.
• Must be available to come to scheduled appointments throughout the weekdays.
• Must abide by the foster agreement signed upon joining the program.
• All Foster must attend an orientation session.